Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mexican! Stuffed Beef Burritos

A weekly favorite at our house is Mexican!  Here is our staple - Beef Burritos - with...you guessed it - my Panini Maker!
This is the first time I actually heated up the refried beans - Totally loved it - and I added a little bit of sour cream to it too (shh - don't tell my hubby - he doesn't like sour cream)
Then spread the beans on the tortilla.
Then corn - I just used canned corn - right out of the can.
Ground taco beef.  This was the first time I made taco seasoning - it turned out really good!
Black beans - rinsed out of the can.
Ahh - rice - love my rice cooker.  When I start cooking the mean - I throw a cup of rice with a cup of chicken stock (or beef stock) in the rice cooker - and it is hot and ready when I am making the burritos.
Top with some salsa...
And cheese...
For my husband - he get jalapenos.
For me - sour cream.
Then to seal the burrito - I put a little bit of refried beans on the inside to fold over the top - and it seals it shut.
Then put it on the panini maker, tops up.
Grill them up - just like a panini...
MMMMmmmm....don't they look yummy!
They are so good.  We had them as left overs with my brother, and we had tortilla's - with some of the refried beans and the smooth cheese - what's it called - you warm it up and it is all creamy - anyways - they were super yummy!

Now - we have three kids too - and the above is a little too grown up for them.  So for them - they get something a little scaled back...ground beef, and cheese....
Served with a side of fruit, corn and the small buritto.

Linking up to:

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I'm your latest follower from Debbie's! Hope you will come by & follow me back! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter will love this recipe. I am always grateful for something my family will love to eat. Thank you!

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you just put two of my favorite things together, I love grilled stuft burritos from Taco Bell and I love Chipotle (It's like a subway but mexican style). I'm going to have get myself a panini maker! Thanks for sharing, it looks so yummy! Found you at the newbie party, I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look very yummy! Found you at Tip Junkie! :) Thanks for sharing!! I will definitely have to consider a panini maker... my husband loves paninis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to make them in the panini maker. We love Mexican food too and I'm always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm here from Debbiedoo's party and am your newest follower. I hope you'll come by my new blog too.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMM, this looks really great! I'd love it if you linked this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday link party. It's open until Sat night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! My family loves Mexican food.

    Thanks for sharing this at my party. I love seeing what you'll share each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...