My mom gave it to me a while ago. It's been sitting in my garage. I figured - while I had the spray paint - I am going to spray this too. So I sprayed it a flat black paint, and put a matte clear finish on it.
I went into the basement and found some thin cork - the rolled up kind. And I also had some foam core. I cut the foam core to size - and the cork. I had some scrap fabric left over also. So I cut the fabric about an inch on each size larger.
I took my staple gun and stapled around the corners so it was nice and tight.
I fit it inside the frame, stapled some more - and voila - it's done. It fit's nicely in the kitchen.
The buttons are thumbtacks I made - and the paperclip on the board is something I made too - i'll get to that tutorial later :)
For now - I am beat - I am going to bed. Hope you enjoy!
I totally redid this on January 21st! Check out the new corkboard in this post at the bottom - looks way better...here.