Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby Shower - Part 1 - Table Settings

What a successful Baby Shower!!!!!!

Ahhh - the part I like least about parties - all the dishes that come along with it.  This is even on Friday - not the actual day.  I should have taken a picture of all of the dishes washing the china!  That was a lot - but - as you will see - super pretty!

 So - for our tea party baby shower - we used a bunch of mis-matched tea sets.  My mom had 2-3 different sets, and I picked up a bunch from thrift stores.
 And look at the silverware - they are wrapped in hankies that were my grandma's.  My mom had a ton - it was a really cute addition!
 We had three tables set up.  This is my dining room.  We had 2 tea pots one each table, one with hot water for tea - and one with coffee.  There were also cream and sugar - and little bundles of flowers.
 Underneath each of the table settings were more hankies as "placemat's".

 Here is another table set up.  It is using an old quilt as the tablecloth.

 Some of the flower centerpieces.

 Here is the third table - this is my kitchen table - another quilt was used as the tablecloth.  This was the center of the table - a hot water, coffee, flowers and nuts.
 Another place setting - don't they look so cute!
Overall it was a great party!!!  Stay tuned for the rest of the week.  I will be posting the favors, food, dessert and drinks this week.  OH - my favorite is the desserts - wait till you see that one!!!  SO Cute - and SO yummy!!!!!

Linking to:
Funky Junk InteriorsCraft EnvyBe Different Act NormalAlong for the RideA vision to rememberUnder the table and dreamingThe Girl Creative, Between Naps on the porch, Decor to Adore, French Country Cottage

15 comments:

  1. This is the cutest! I just love vintage hankies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the idea for using hankies!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your idea for using the vintage hankies! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! So beautiful and full of family history. Really amazing tablescapes. I can't wait to see more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hankies make this sweet tea party so so special.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this soooo wonderful! I just love the quilts, the hankies and the sweet mismatched teasets. This is exactly the kind of tea party I would LOVE to attend! I know your guests must have absolutely loved every minute! Thanks for inviting us along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just absolutely lovely! I adore the touch of the vintage hankies as napkins. Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely tables. Love the vintage hankies. In my time pretty hankerchiefs were a must. No kleenex then. Sprinkle a little cologne to smell good. I am 80 todaylol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute... can't wait to see part 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I love the hankies, too. They look so happy designed.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute idea using mismatched china and I love the hankies as napkins!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun way to pamper the Mommy-to-be and let her know that she is loved! I think your your use of a quilt for this table makes your table look so warm and cozy. And I am mad wild about using vintage hankies as napkins. Soooooooo adorable! Wonderfully done!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely charming! I love the vintage napkins and the quilts used as table linens. The assortment of cups are not only darling, I'm certain that they kept the conversation moving as guest examined and chose their favorites. So well conceived and executed. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and charming! Love the silverware in the hankies! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...