Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Broccoli and Rice Dinner

This meal was super yummy!! It is Chicken, Broccoli and Rice

First I get out my beloved Rice Cooker – I love that thing – and the rice is so much fluffier and yummier! (are those words) Anyways. I use chicken broth to cook the rice in – yummy! So I did 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 cups of rice, put in the cooker, press start – and forget about it.


I turn the oven on to 375ish. Then I get my other ingredients. Chicken, Tin Foil, Cheese soup and mushrooms and broccoli.


I typically fillet my chicken (cut in half), and then pound with a meat pounder.
This way it is thinner, cooks a little faster.


I spray the foil with cooking spray, I then layer everything on top of the chicken. So the broccoli, mushrooms, top with the soup.


I then add an ice cube on top of everything – so when it cooks in the oven – there is moisture in it.

I fold it up – so there is a little vent on top.


I make 4 of them at a time – one for me and my husband, the kids tend to eat one between the three – the leftovers.


I thought it would only take about 20 minutes, it probably took 35 – I use a thermometer to check the temperature – I find it hard to tell if the chicken is pink when there is a lot of stuff on it.

Open it up – let it cool a little


Put your rice down – and dump the content of the tin foil – and ta-da – dinner is served, meat, veggies and grains all in one dish. And – it’s super yummy too!


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the iceblock 0 that never occurred to me but it's fabulous as my stuff always seems too dry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...