Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Desserts

Ahhh Cake Pops - my new favorite food!!!
First - you have to get your ingredients, set your oven
Stir all your ingredients - get a wonderful helper :-)
Then put them into the shape you want them to. Mine - football shapes.


After they were refrigerated and then dipped in chocolate.
Oh then I made cupcakes - my daughter, dad and sister in law had to blow out candles for their birthday, and you can't do that in a cake pop. So. I made the giant cupcakes, regular and mini.


I wanted to decorate them cute - so I made little chocolate footballs. I went to my cricut (love that thing), went to my sports cartridge, and used the pens to fill the page with footballs. Covered it up with the press and seal stuff.








Then - to make the chocolate - take the wafers, put them in a ziploc bag - put it in the microwave at like :30 sec bursts, till it's soft - cut the tip of a corner.
Then trace the outside with chocolate, then fill it in, move onto the next.
Here are all my footballs.
Same technique I did with the chocolate - I did with white chocolate - and did the laces. Put the white in a baggie - nuke it - make some laces.

On to my huge cupcakes. Bake them as usual. Then time to tint the frosting. I used 2 cans of frosting (one at a time though to color). Then I used about 12 drops of green, 2 of yellow.

I found an awesome way to fill the bag - without making your hands a mess. Put the bag in a tall glass, fold the top on the outside. Then fill it up.


Now - go around the outside - and make small bursts, and work the way around.
Then put the football into the cupcakes.


Then I wanted to do the yard markers.








Parties I linked up to - check them out!
Tip Junkie
Shanty2Chic
Todays Creative Blog
Hope Sudios
Craft Edition

4 comments:

  1. this is ridiculous! you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new follower…I found you through SocialMoms.com, if you get a chance I would love to have you check out my blog. Thank you.
    ~KerrieLynn
    KLsCupboard.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. great minds think alike :)

    http://craftedition.blogspot.com/2011/02/football-oreo-truffles.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I made some of these last year for the superbowl party but made cookie dough truffles and shaped them into footballs. You were smart to put them on sticks, I actually had to dip them with a fork and knife. LOL! Great job on the cupcakes too. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...